Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lindquist

I went to Lindquist (really it's Lindqvist, but I seem to be the only one who cares) today with my cousin Hans. I'd never been there during the day before. It's known for not being very safe - I know people who've been robbed there. It's off a dirt road and rather remote, despite being on the East End. Why had I been at night, then? Well, we used to have bonfire parties there, so I felt safe being with fifty or so other people.

Well, it's a gorgeous beach and I kick myself for never having been. It feels like you're on another island. My cousin told me it was never that bad on weekends because there were always more people around. Look at this:

No hotels, no nothing. I don't know how it escaped development, but now the government owns it, so it will be somewhat preserved. I honestly hope they leave it as is. It's a special place. Still, I wish I could say I took the picture, but I was afraid to come with my camera, so I found this one on the internet.