Thursday, May 17, 2007

Goodbye, Magens Bay

Today is my last full day on St. Thomas. I had a nice day down at the Sea Chest interacting with the staff. There are some really great people working there – I had fun training them on the new system, and they picked it up very well. They’ll be showing me things next time I’m here, I bet.

I had a chance to sneak in one last visit to Magens Bay this afternoon. It really is one of my favorite places in the world. I always sit at the same spot, too, right in the middle by the life guard station after the bridge.

It’s been nice to spend some time here. I’ll miss it, I’m sure. I’ll miss how everybody says good afternoon and good night. I’ll miss my parents, of course. I’ll miss the slope of the mountains down to the sea and how it always makes me wonder what it all looked like when the lava was cooling.

1 comment:

suz said...

i hope you enjoyed your lovely beach and pool weather, daxi. you could be nice and bring some of that back with you. but knowing you, you probably packed light and there won't be room in your luggage.