Friday, May 4, 2007

solberg

As I was climbing the hill home, I realized that I've probably never taken pictures of Solberg in my life. It's one of the neighborhoods you can cut through to get to the Northside from Sub Base, where I've been working. The first picture is Savan actually. I wasn't going to stop the car and get out to take pictures because it's not really the safest neighborhood. Savaneros may argue, but there really isn't any other neighborhood on the island where my mother has narrowly escaped being robbed in broad daylight. Hmm, I guess you can't really make out the shanties. Still, it looks better than when I was in high school.

Once you get up to Solberg, you start getting some nice harbor views. This is looking east towards Havensight. You can see town in the middle of the picture and the Frenchman's Reef out at the point.

And looking this way you see Sub Base, where I've been working (the lower left quadrant of the picture, to be precise) and the Crown Bay dock. In the upper left, you're seeing Water Island. Taxis do bring tourists here to take pictures, but they don't take them through Savan. That's more because the streets there are tight than anything else.

No comments: