Monday, May 7, 2007

Work

I’ve been spending a lot of time in Sub Base for work. I much prefer to work from home at Mahogany Run, but I can’t very well have everyone come to me up there. Too bad, we could spend lunch playing bumper carts on the golf course.

Still, even though it’s not the most scenic part of the island, it still has the charm of being on St. Thomas. This is looking west from the window at MSI, the airport is just over the hill. The bushes in the median are azalea and they have been known to bloom. You can barely make out the old Moravian Mission that dates to the eighteenth century, go a little up the hill on the left. Red roof.

This picture reminded me that we’re never even partially isolated from wild animals on this island. As I was leaving this afternoon I heard this unholy racket coming from the lumberyard. O, delicate gulls!

And this is the Sea Chest, where I have also been spending some time. Funny enough, today was the first time I’ve walked through the aisles and browsed. There are a lot of things I remembered I need to get when I return to Boston.

No comments: